Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Interior Design

When I go out to eat at a restaurant, I love when it's nicely designed. The food is most important, but I find that they go together. I wonder if the design of the restaurant can make the food taste better? Interior design is an important marketing strategy for most businesses. For example, red and yellow stand out the most and, combined with florescent lights, don't make people want to relax and stay a while. This is perfect for McDonald's fast food; a logo that stands out in a crowd and a restaurant that makes people want to leave quickly.

For homes, popular colors are often pastel colors to accent the room. I have lived with white walls for most of the past 15 years. I am not a homeowner, so I often think that I will be moving in a short amount of time and never invest in painting the walls. However, after so long of being tired of white walls, I've decided to do something about it and decided to do something dramatic. I painted the wall that starts in my living room and goes through the hall to the bedroom dark red. It's amazing how a color can influence it's surroundings. I'm starting to wonder if I should have chosen a calming color and somehow made it work. Maybe I just need to get used to it?

No comments:

Post a Comment