Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Daniel Merriam

Very often I see an artist and I think about what a good idea he/she had. I get envious and wish I could spend money and time on an MFA, wishfully thinking that I could also create something beautiful. However, when I look at the work of Daniel Merriam I am just in awe of his talent and mysterious abilities. There are so few people who can create anything like this. I went to the Animazing Gallery in Soho and really enjoyed looking at his work. I thought that if I had 2000 to spare, I'd definitely get a reproduction. It was also fun to see reproductions of Dr. Seuss, Tim Burton and some beautiful glass sculptures by a new up and coming artist. I hope to get Daniel Merriam's new book.
Daniel Merriam Original Artwork
http://www.danielmerriam.com/index.php?option=com_ponygallery&Itemid=0&func=viewcategory&catid=1

No comments:

Post a Comment